Sunday, March 13, 2011

There is quite a cast of characters!

Of course, we have plenty or "ordinary" riders, but ordinary is boring.  It's the not-so-ordinary that add color to the picture.  All  names are changed to protect the innocent.....ME!  My first introduction to Dana happened during the fall when I was working alone.  There is typically a busier time of the day when folks are off work and out of school waiting to connect to their out-of-town buses.  During this "rush hour" Dana came up to the counter and said she needed to call 9-1-1 because she was being stalked.  She continued to explain that a satanic cult has been "doing things to make her think she's crazy".  Just the previous night they had come into her apartment and stolen all her lightbulbs.  And worse than that, when she went to take out her garbage,  they had put them back!  The nerve of those satanic cults!  There was a line forming behind her, and I knew I didn't want her standing at the counter using our phone to retell this to the police, so I took money out of my purse and told her she should use the payphone for that.

There have been plenty of  Dana sightings since then, but a couple of days ago, she again came to the counter and said she needed to call 9-1-1 because Satan had stolen her bus pass.  The supervisor told her she could call 9-1-1 for no charge from the payphone.  Dana disappeared and I figured she had moved on.  The next thing I know, I see a police car pull up.  Sure enough he was there regarding a stolen bus pass.  When we told him who had called, and indicated that she was no longer there, he said "Oh, great!  She'll call back, or show up at the police station.  Hopefully I'll be off by then!"  It was obvious the police know her at least as well as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment